Topper Welcomes Mühle Glashütte And A Recap Of New Watches For 2013
Topper Fine Jewelers welcomes Mühle Glashütte to our brand profile for 2013. While all Mühle Glashütte watches are new to us, we had a chance to sit down with Fifth Generation Mühle family member Thilo Mühle at Couture 2013 in Las Vegas, and go over Mühle Glashütte’s new 2013 models.
Kiss Drummer Eric Singer is a fan of Mühle Glashütte. Shown here, at Baselworld 2013 wearing his favorite Mühle Glashütte, the S.A.R. Chronograph.
Theo And Eric
Fifth Generation family member Thilo Mühle and "Kiss" Drummer Eric Singer at Baselworld 2013
The designers at Mühle Glashütte were very mindful of comfort and wearability in the design of this innovative dive watch originally designed for the German Navy Seals Bataillon. The watch features a 44mm titanium case, a crown at 4 o'clock, and a hinged rubber strap with separate end pieces that contours comfortably to almost any size wrist.
- Movement: ETA 2893-2, automatic; Mühle version with woodpecker neck regulation, own rotor and characteristic surface finishes. Second time zone/24-hr display. Stop-second. Fast date correction. 42-hr power reserve.
- Case: Titanium with bidirectional bezel. 2.5 mm thick, domed and anti-glare sapphire crystal. Transparent case back. Screw-in crown. Water-resistant to 30 bars.
- Dimensions: Ø 44.0 mm; H 12.7 mm.
- Strap: Rubber strap with a stainless steel safety clasp and an extension. Screwed strap attachment bridges.
- Dial: Hands and indices coated in Super LumiNova.
- Face colour: Blue.
As Bremont watches are often inspired by classic aviation gauges of World War II era planes, the M29’s design is taken from one of the historical nautical gauges designed by first generation family member Robert Mühle. Built off of the same 42.4mm case as the 29er Big watch, the M29 Classic is available in both black and cream dials.
While the Seebataillon GMT is an extremely light piece, the similarly sized Rasmuss is much heavier. Available in Black, Blue, and Orange dials, the Rasmuss 2000 has the greatest water resistance of any current production watch across all brands at Topper Jewelers.
Teutonia II Quadrant Chronograph
The Teutonia II Chronograph features a square case and an elaborate dial with attractive guilloche patterns. Though dressy in tone, the Teutonia II Chronograph still achieves 100m of water resistance. At 38mm x 38mm, the watch wears extremely large, and is the only square chronograph across all brands in our store.
The Topper Blog consists mainly of original writing by Rob & Russ Caplan with occasional special contributions and interviews. All photography in the blog is taken at Topper Fine Jewelers , or on location unless otherwise indicated in the photo captions.