Topper proudly introduces Lab Grown Diamonds, by Pure Grown Diamond Co.
Alchemy: the process of turning something ordinary into something extraordinary.
For the first time in our 75 year history, we are introducing a gorgeous alternative to earth grown diamonds. Until very recently, beautiful diamonds being grown in a laboratory was science fiction! While industrial quality man-made diamonds have been around since the 50's, gorgeous gem quality stones have only recently become a reality.
Lab grown diamonds are the same chemical composition, and have the same sparkle, fire, and brightness as earth grown diamonds. They are not simulants, they are Diamonds.
We've had Lab Grown diamonds in our store as a trial for several months, and are now moving forward with offering them to our clients on an ongoing basis.
Why did we decide to sell Lab Created diamonds by Pure Grown Diamond Co.?
- They are high-tech. (Turning carbon gas into crystals is a bit of modern alchemy that our clients find fascinating.)
- They are environmentally friendly. (There is no chance these came out of a strip mine.)
- They are 100%, positively conflict free.
- They are 30-40% less expensive then earth grown diamonds.
How are they made?
Pure Grown diamonds are grown in the largest "Diamond Growing Greenhouse" in the world, in Singapore. The process starts with a small wafer of diamond, known as the "diamond seed," being placed in the bottom of a low-pressure microwave chamber.
Hydrogen and methane gases are released in the chamber.
Energy is introduced in the chamber igniting a plasma ball.
Carbon molecules rain on the seed.
The diamond crystal "grows" on the seed.
The process takes 6-10 weeks and once matured, the diamonds are cut, polished, and certified.
Can you tell them apart from a natural earth grown diamond?
Each diamond is laser inscribed with "Lab Grown" and a serial number which will read "LG," followed by a number." Apart from the easy to identify inscriptions, they are indistinguishable from earth grown diamonds, even by a trained expert using magnification. The only way to distinguish an earth grown stone is with unique equipment found in gemological laboratories and typically not found in retail stores.
What do we stock?
Here are some examples of diamonds we have:
- .73 carat, F color, VS2 clarity, Princess cut $1,750.
- 1.08 carat, H color, SI1 clarity, Ideal cut round brilliant cut $4,500.
- 1.00 carat, G color, VS2 clarity, Ideal cut round brilliant cut $5,100.
- 1.09 carat, F color, VS2 clarity, Emerald Cut $4,300.
- 1.55 carat H color, SI1 clarity, Very Good Cut round brilliant cut $8,400.
- 2.15 carat H color, SI2 clarity, Excellent Cut round brilliant cut $1,7100.
- 2.02 carat I color, I1 clarity, Very Good Cut round brilliant cut $7,900.
Fancy Colored Diamonds:
- 1.05 carat, brilliant yellow, VVS2 clarity, ideal cut, round brilliant $3000.
- 1.22 carat, Intense Fancy Pink , VS2 clarity, round brilliant cut $6850.
- 2.50 carat, brilliant yellow, VVS2, Radiant Cut $10700.
- 2.84 carat, brilliant yellow, VVS2, Radiant Cut $13200.